I think everyone should be considering submitting SBIR grants right now. If successful, you can receive up to $2M in non-dilutive funding. I put together a complementary training for anyone who would like to understand how to put a non-dilutive funding program in place. I have raised nearly $30M in SBIR funding and have a course that helps you integrate your capital raise with non-dilutive funding. You can schedule a call to discuss with me or check out the program for free here.
Upcoming SBIR/STTR Deadlines:
- HHS (NIH, CDC, FDA) Omnibus Grant Funding Opportunity receipt date is April 6, 2020. NIH has issued a notice that all grant applications submitted late for due dates between 3/9/20 – 5/1/20 will be accepted through May 1, 2020.Read more.
- NASA 2020 SBIR/STTR Phase I proposal deadline has been extended to April 20, 2020. Read more.
- DARPA Broad Agency Announcement SBIR/STTR Opportunities close April 20, 2020. Read more.
- NIST SBIR Phase I grant funding opportunity closes April 22, 2020. Read more.
- Air Force X20.R SBIR Direct to Phase II closes April 30, 2020. Read more.
- US Department of Agriculture (USDA) has an expanded round of SBIR Phase l applications to address Ag challenges in existing topic areas due by May 21, 2020.
Below are opportunities that are related to COVID-19.
COVID-19 Opportunities with the Federal Agencies:
- NIH has a New Urgent Award Mechanism for COVID-19 R&D Clinical Trial Optional: Read more.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) has issued a request for SBIR/STTR Phase I proposals addressing COVID-19. Read more.
- Department of Energy (DOE) has requested ideas on COVID-19 research that DOE can support. Read more.
- Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) Broad Agency Announcement (BAA): Areas of Interest include diagnostic assay, POC diagnostic, vaccine, therapeutics, immunomodulators targeting lung repair, pre- and post- exposure prophylaxis, protective devices, ventilators, and more. Link here.
- US Air Force COVID-19: Read more.
- Air Force Ventures Submission Form: Joint Acquisition Task Force (JATF) COVID-19 Request for Industry/Academia/Non-Government Information. Link here
- Medical Technology Enterprise Consortium (MTEC) Active Solicitations and Presolicitation for COVID-19
- DRIVe (in partnership with BARDA): EZ BAA: up to $749k, emerging technologies for COVID-19. Read more.
- Medical CBRN Defense Consortium: Therapeutics to Treat COVID-19 and other medical countermeasures.
- FEMA COVID-19 PPE and Medical Supplies: Read more.
- NIST Manufacturing USA National Emergency Assistance Program Department of Commerce: Read more.
- NGO COVID-19 Therapeutic Accelerator: The Gates Foundation, Wellcome, and Mastercard Impact Fund. Email: email@example.com for details.